01.05.2017

Bread

Oh boy, mission completed. 45kg (100lbs) of rye flour / dark rye sourdough for breadmaking vacuumed and stored away. That should last a while for the two of us.
Well, I am storing the most important stuff that I know I won't be able to buy or only at high prices in the next 1 year. Yes, it'll be a year until we can restock - in Hawaii. So I have to be very conservative in using up my stock, just a little a time to be able to enjoy the special food once in a while.
We will be doing ok in Tonga, especially with lots of fresh veggies and hopefully fish. But once we leave Tonga there is nothing until Hawaii. That'll be a long half year....And before that, in Tonga, I'll pickle and conserve veggies for later use...

Tomorrow we're up for our last shopping and organizing round. It looks like a weather window starts opening friday so that our plan right now is to leave Saturday for Minerva Reef. I hope we don't get stuck there for two weeks, but it might happen. The problem is we have to be in Tongatapu on May 28 and the risk is high we won't make it up there if we don't go now.
At least we're prepared. We'll get our repaired sails on friday, everything else is ok and food stored. Keep the fingers crossed that all remains calm.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen