30.10.2015

New Caldonia - Bonne Anse

We've been here only a couple of days but I already love New Caledonia. Blue water, white beaches, colourful country, french language (fun to talk again!), great baguettes and affordable cheese….and: playful dolphins. It happened on the way to Noumea. Dolphins stopped by to say hello. They seemed lovely and one started with fun and swan on bis back so that I could see his white belly. Then I remembered that my uncle keeps telling me I should have a ball for them to play with. I saw a line where I was standing and quickly knotted kind of a ball and held the line into the water. What came then absolutely amazed me. They started moving their heads with the line and repeatedly nodded to me. Thank god Marcus brought me my small camera so I filmed them while playing with those 2 cuties. I was in heaven and still am every time I see the movie. I can't believe it. In the meantime I have two prepared balls on deck in case they come back...

Here is a picture of Mt. Yasur leaving Vanuatu:



A view from the lighthouse in the national park at Bonne Anse: a typical picture for New Caldeonia. There are thousands of little islands with white sandy beaches and a reef around them. 

By the way: new Caledonia has the second largest Barriere Reef in the world. Over 1000 km long.  



IMG_3577

 

I took a picture of an aerial picutre showing the southern part of „mainland" New Caledoniy. The first bay on the bottom is Bonne Anse. 



IMG_3588

 

Marcus having fun

IMG_3591

 



IMG_3598

 

Colourful, red soil and a totally different vegetation in comparison to all other south sea islands. One can see that this part of the world once belonged to Australia, the red continent.

P1010354

 



P1010355

 



P1010365

 



P1010368

 



P1010378

 



P1010381

 



IMG_3618

 

Haha, Marcus put a jacket on. It got cooler here in New Cal.

IMG_3619

 



P1010385

 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen